1. Lunch with my pops
2. Beef stew… we can’t get enough.
3. Uncle Matt & little bird.
4. I like mini-bundts and I cannot lie.
5. Brown paper packages tied up with burlap.
6. My desk tree made work a little bit brighter.
7. Glitter tape & stamp fun for my Christmas Cards.
8. Our sweet siblings being all cute with their tiny bird.
9. The Roger’s tree.
10. A painting for Gran.
11. Mom’s vintage Ray-Bans killin’ it.
12. NEW BEDDING!
Please excuse the terrible photoshop job, I promise I’m a professional. Those of you who know me, know that I have a serious addiction to online house hunting. This can be fun, but after spending hours searching for my dream house, I always come full circle and am reminded that NOW is not the time for Matt & me to buy a house. SOMEDAY will be the right time, but now is not that time. So I have decided to really enjoy our sweet little duplex and give it the attention that it deserves! Just because it is a rental, does not mean it has to look like one. So my first task is the bedroom! It currently has tan walls, some very mis-matched side tables (or suitcases on top of plastic folding tables) and a collection of what seems like 4 or 5 different bedding options all piled on because we aren’t satisfied with any one of them. One is too hot, one is too cold, one is too scratchy… you get the idea. So I asked for this new beautiful bedding for Christmas and we are hoping to make the above mood board come to life! And yes of course, that IS a chalkboard wall!
1. ANYTHING from NYR Organic! I recently became a consultant for this company because I am OBSESSED with their products. I am currently using the Rose Facial Wash, Toner, and Daily Moisturizer, but I would LOVE to add the Rose Facial Polish to my collection! I also use their make-up and love it. All of their products are made in the UK all organic and natural!
2. I mean… really? Do I have to even describe how lovely this bag is? If anyone plans on dropping a couple Franklin’s on me for Christmas, I would love you forever.
3. This is such a sweet necklace. I have wanted a small gold necklace for “every-day” wearing for a long time now, and i think this one is a perfect (with a letter “M” of course for my man, and my last name).
4. I read some reviews on this iPad stylus (because I really am that much of a nerd) and even though it cost a little more than the $5 guys at walmart, It’s supposed to be great for drawing.
5. These are my all-time fav working girl lunch must-haves. I bought one impulsively at marshall’s and I use it almost every day!
6. I desperately need an iPhone case, and this one is polka dot perfection.
7. Keeping with the lunch-time theme: this lunch tote.
8. Socks. I have 3 pairs of socks.
9. More than anything in the whole world (besides winter weather) I want this desk.
10. I picked out this lovely comforter set because Hubby has a serious problem with duvets.
I am so thankful that the holiday season is finally upon us!! It’s never too early to put the Christmas decor up in my book, and I actually convinced my hubbs to let me start BEFORE thanksgiving this year! All of this Christmas decor I have been collecting and hoarding since we got married almost 2.5 years ago. But most of it was all purchased on sale, a tight budget, or was made on the cheap! I am positive that this is way more than you ever wanted to know about my Christmas Decor, but maybe your reading this bored at work? Here is a list of some of the highlights:
• Tree: $20 at Wally-world (don’t get the pre-lite ones, the lights don’t last to the next year and you can’t replace the lights… there is a little nugget of wisdom that we learned the hard way)
• Moss Rocks: For those of you that know me well, know that I use any excuse to bust out my dollar tree moss rocks. Yes, they were a dollar. For a pack of about 8ish?
• Garland on mantel & over window: I hit up on of Hobb Lobb’s 75% off Christmas sales after Christmas one year!
• The large black frame over the fireplace normally holds this print by Ryan Feerer, but since the orange doesn’t as much go with my holiday decor, I swapped it out for some Dollar Tree buffalo check red & kraft wrapping paper. I hung a cheapy wreath in front of the frame adorned with some berried and a Target $1 ornament.
• Tree skirt: $15 at Ross
• Most of my ornaments are from the Michael’s dollar bins, Target after Christmas sales, and I also made some using the blank brown kraft ornaments from Hobb Lobb and Modge-Podged some Christmas napkins on them with a little touch of glitter 🙂
OCTOBER GOALS EVALUATION: (notice that I am not including the goals that I didn’t accomplish, because I’m choosing to focus on my progress instead of failure! It’s the only way to stay moving forward)
• Limit coke & dr.pepper addiction to 1 day a week – WIN!! I am not keeping up with this legalistically but I have pretty much cut my sodas down to 1 or 2 days a week!
• Finish hanging art & decor on walls – Does ALMOST count? 🙂
• Establish a budget & financial goals – WIN!! You all saw my fancy shmancy Home Management Binder and I am so surprised and how fun it has been to keep up with all of our finances when it is in such a pretty format!
• Continue to cook dinners more often and bring my lunch at least 3 times per week – WIN!!
Now onto my new November goals!
• One weeknight/week without TV – This may sound crazy to you that I have to make this a goal… but I really love my TV shows.
• Design & print our Christmas Cards – We have been married 2.5 years and each year I plan to send out Christmas Cards… I just may actually do it this year!
• SAVE MONEY – Now that we have a budget we are trying to stick to, I want to focus on building up that savings account!
• Get rid of crap – I just love stuff, and I think we have too much of it. I want to go through my house and take anything out that isn’t beautiful or functional (in my opinion).
• Organize kitchen – My upper cabinets resemble avalanches.
• Get computer backed up & cleaned off – My poor mac, she’s a good ol’ girl but she needs a deep clean.
We went with the whole fam to the one and only Texas State Fair the day before old faithful Big Tex went up in flames. The day was lost Big Tex was a sad day in the Texas history books, but the day before was beautiful and we had an awesome time at the fair!! Matt and I were so excited to get to spend some time with our wonderful family, and especially our new tiny little niece Anna! Taking the train is my new all-time favorite thing ever. It reminds me of Europe. We enjoyed lots of fried food and the sweet fall air.
This may not be exciting to you, but it is to me. No it’s not the Mona Lisa of closets, but it’s mine… and a mess. This long overdue clean up only cost me $15 bucks and about an hour of time! Dollar tree changed my life. I just picked up 12 of these clear containers to hold my shoes, and 3 boxes of shower curtain rings to neatly hang my scarves and purses from.